Life Deck 100% Solids Epoxy Floor Coating LD-3100
Click Here For Product Specification
Life Deck 100% Solids Epoxy Floor Coating LD-3100
Product Description and Use:
Life Deck epoxy interior floor system is a 2 component low odor, low viscosity 100% solids cyclo-aliphatic for use as a high-build system. Use on seamless industrial floors as a high-build slurry filler system or in combination with color quartz or paint chips for decorative topping when a clear, high-build finish is required.
Life Deck 100% Epoxy Chemical Composition:
Modified Bisphenol A epoxy resin crosslinked with aliphatic and cycloaliphatic polyamines.
Life Deck 100% Epoxy Colors:
- tinting bases
- 5 standard colors and clear are available
- Custom colors for in house color tinting are available upon request
Advantages to Life Deck 100% Epoxy:
- Exhibits low viscosity
- good color stability
- Excellent gloss
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Intended for curing at room temperature but curing may also take place at relatively low temperatures and under high humidity conditions.
- Excellent non-blushing characteristics.
Preparation for Life Deck 100% Epoxy:
- The most common reason for coating failure is lack of preparation. For maximum durability the surface must be slightly porous and free of dirt, oil, chalk and other foreign matter.
- Shotblasting is the most reliable method for surface preparation. One may also prepare the surface by sanding, grinding or bead blasting to achieve a clean, po- rous and uniform surface that will allow product to soak in and bond permanently. The surface should feel like 30 grit sand paper.
- Muriatic Acid (blended 1:4 with water) may be used to etch concrete and will require baking soda or soda ash to neutralize. (Please use caution when working with acid. Read and follow all warnings and instructions on la- bel).
- Clean surface entirely with TSP and rinse completely with water several times. Remove mildew or algae using 50/ 50 blend of household bleach and water, rinse thoroughly. The surface must be porous or rough enough to allow the product to soak in and completely dry.
- Mix 2 parts A with 1 part B by volume into a clean mixing container. Mix the epoxy with a slow speed drill with a mixing paddle attachment. Blend for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully scrape the sides and bottom of the pail during mixing. After mixing thoroughly, immediately pour the blended mixture onto the horizontal surface and spread evenly over the area to be coated.
- Please note: Large batches of epoxy will cure much faster in hot weather than cold weather. We do not recommend applications at temperatures over 900F. Do not prepare mixtures of more than 1-1/2 gallons.
Life Deck Epoxy Primer:
Prime the surface using Life Deck 1200, 25 series or 14 series primer. (See Specification sheets.)
Application of Life Deck Epoxy:
A notched trowel or squeegee is the best way to spread the epoxy evenly. In most cases, a brush is used to cut in and a 1/4 inch nap mohair or shed-free roller is used for the main area. Begin by cutting in the edges and trim with the brush. The center may be done like you would normally paint a surface, being sure to overlap and back roll each area carefully.
100% Solids Epoxy Drying Time:
Dry to touch 8-10 hours @ 770F 50% humidity. Recoat after 24 hours @ 770F 50% humidity. Allow light foot traffic after 24 hours @ 770F 50% humidity. Allow vehicular traffic and other heavy traffic after 72 hours @ 770F 50% humidity.
How to Apply Epoxy Top Coat:
- There are several choices for a Top Coat depending on gloss desired, chemical and abrasion resistance and desired look. The 3100 will work well as a Top Coat and as a slurry or filler coat.
- Apply with a 1/4″ non- shedding or mohair type roller @ 200 sq. ft. per gallon.
- To achieve a non skid surface, 8 oz. to 16 oz. of anti-skid additive may be added per gallon. Be sure to keep aggregate mixed well by stirring occasionally.
Epoxy Application Limitations:
Application at ambient temperature below 50o F is not recommended. Exposure to temperatures exceeding 160o F for prolonged periods is not recommended.
How to Clean-Up Life Deck Epoxy:
Removed uncured 3100 from tools and equip- ment with a suitable solvent. Cured material may only be removed mechanically.
Storage: Store in a dry area, between 50o F and 95o F. Protect from direct sunlight.
Please read Material Safety Data Sheet before begin- ning work with this product
Component A – IRRITANT – Prolonged skin or eye con- tact may cause sensitization and irritation.
Component B – IRRITANT – Contact with skin or eyes may cause severe burns.
Skin Contact: Wash thoroughly with soap and water. Eye Contact: Flush immediately with clean water and con- tact a physician.
Respiratory Problems: Remove affected person to fresh air immediately and contact a physician.
Hygiene: Wash hands immediately after use. Wash clothing before reuse.
Spills: Collect with absorbent material. Remaining film may be removed with a suitable solvent.
Disposal: Dispose of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
KEEP CONTAINER CLOSED WHEN NOT IN USE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. NOT FOR INTERNAL CONSUMPTION. FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY BY A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN. Consult the Safety Data Sheet for further health and safety information.
Life Deck Epoxy Coating Chemical Resistance is Excellent against:
- Dilute mineral acids
- Detergent solutions
Epoxy Chemical Resistance Against Certain Solvents Including:
- organic acids
- denatured alcohol
- certain hydrocarbon solvents