Life Deck Paint “10 Series” – Standard Waterproof Deck Coating
Life Deck Paint “10 Series” – Waterproof Deck Coating
Life Deck Paint “Color Seal” Description:
“10” Series Life Deck Specialty Coatings paint is a premium, quick drying, 100% acrylic concrete/masonry pigmented sealer formulated for sealing concrete and masonry, and coating wood, to provide resistance against water, alkalis, acids, ultra-violet light and staining. Life Deck paint comes in a variety of different color options and can be tinted to match most any other color.
Click here for 10 Series technical data sheet
Click here for 10 Series color card
Life Deck Specialty Coatings Paint “Color Seal” Uses:
- Wood substrates
- Walking roof decks
- Concrete & Wood Floors
- Pool Decks
- FM (Fiberglass mat) waterproof deck system
- AL waterproof deck system
- MC waterproof deck system
- TC Texture Concrete Overlay system
Advantages to using Life Deck paint “color seal” coating:
- Fast drying coating
- Water based coating
- Easy Clean-Up
- Low VOC coating
- Chemical resistant coating
- Alkali and moisture resistant coating
- UV resistant coating
- Excellent hide
- Excellent color retention
- Passes ASTM D2047-82
- Resistant to ponding water
Finish and Sheen to Life Deck Color Seal Paint Coating:
Life Deck 10 series deck paint comes in a satin sheen
Surface preparation for application of Life Deck deck paint “color seal”:
For maximum durability the surface must be clean, free of dirt, oil, chalk, loose paint, peeling paint, and other foreign matter or any substance that interferes with proper adhesion of the 10 Series.
For application of Life Deck Color Seal Paint over concrete, concrete decks, floors and walk ways:
- New concrete must age for a minimum of 30 days. Remove all grease, oil and wax with T. S. P. solution. Scrub with stiff broom until surface is thoroughly clean. Rinse thoroughly with clear water. Then etch all unpainted cement with 1 part 10% muriatic acid to 1 part water.
- Allow to stand 10-15 minutes then rinse clean with water. After etching, neutralize acid with baking soda or soda ash then rinse thoroughly with water. Important: Before and after cleaning and etching process, power wash all concrete with 3000 lb. pressure washer, spray tip should be no further than 6” from concrete surface. A properly etched concrete surface should resemble the texture of fine or medium sandpaper.
- Let dry thoroughly before applying coating.
Why not to use life deck specialty coating paint over mildew?
DO NOT PAINT OVER MILDEW. Mildew is a fungus, brown, black, grey or even white in color, and will rapidly grow through any coating applied over it. A solution of 50% household bleach and 50% water will kill the mildew. Rinse thoroughly.
How to prime life deck color seal paint:
For best results and when necessary as specified, prime surfaces with this product (10 Series) thinned with one quart of water before applying the top coat.
How to prime a glossy surfaces for life deck paint:
Roughen gloss by sanding; then wash with a T.S.P. solution and rinse thoroughly with water.
How to prime a Previously Painted Surface before applying life deck color seal:
Clean all surfaces and roughen all glossy surfaces by sanding. Clean all surfaces thoroughly with a T.S.P solution and then rinse thoroughly with water. Do not paint over loose or peeling paint.
How to prime an Unpainted Surface before applying life deck color seal:
For maximum durability, prime all surfaces to be coated. Caulk all cracks and nail holes.
How to prime wood before applying life deck color seal:
Clean and primer all new wood with Life’s 1575 Primer. Coat with 1-2 thin coats of 10 Series.
How to prime metal before applying life deck color seal:
Clean and etch all new metal. Prime all bare metal.
Coverage rate for life deck paint “color seal”:
Life Deck Specialty Coatings 10 Series may be rolled, brushed or sprayed and the coverage will vary. Up to 400 square feet per gallon on a smooth surface and between 100-300 square feet per gallon on a rough surface. Product may be thinned slightly with a small amount of water, in which case 2 coats are recommended.
How to apply life deck paint color seal:
Box and mix all containers to insure consistent color. Neatly cut-in all edges with a brush and roll the main area using a 3/8” to 1/2” nap, good quality roller cover. Be sure to spread evenly in a “V” pattern, rolling in both directions.
It is best not to apply this product in the direct sun or at temperatures above 800F. Thinning slightly with water and applying thin coats will help avoid streaks when working in direct sun. (See specifications for more application details).
Drying Time for life deck paint color seal:
Allow six (6) hours between coats and light foot traffic for life deck specialty coatings paint to dry. For normal foot traffic, wait twenty-four (24) hours. For vehicle traffic, wait approximately seven days. Allow forty-eight (48) hours before placing heavy objects on the surface. Cool temperatures and high humidity may require a longer cure time.
Clean-up for life deck specialty coatings paint color seal:
Warm water and soap.
Optimal temperature and weather for application of life deck paint:
- Do not install any Life product if the temperature is below 550.
- Rain may damage uncured Life products. If inclement weather threatens, cover deck to protect new application. Do not allow any Life product to FREEZE.
How to maintain a painted deck to ensure a long lasting top coating:
- Most Stains will clean-up with TSP, a brush, and water.
- We recommend a re-coat every 2-5 years, depending on traffic and exposure to the sun.
Repairs to a damaged painted deck:
Repairs may be done by grinding off the damaged area and replacing the material as written in this information guide.