Life Deck Paint “28 Series” Cool Life Deck Coating
Life Deck Paint “28 Series” Cool Life Deck Coating
What is so special about Life Deck Specialty Coatings Paint Heat Reflective Deck Coating?
Life Deck Paint “28 Series” Heat Reflective Coating is a premium, quick drying, 100% acrylic concrete & masonry pigmented paint sealer formulated to reflect infrared rays (IRR Coating) and for sealing concrete and masonry to provide resistance against water, alkalis, acids, ultra-violet light and staining. Used as a great paint coating for concrete floors, pool decks, patios, and Life Deck systems AL, FM, MC, and Texture Crete.
- Click here for 28 Series Specification Sheet
- Click here for color options
Advantages to Using Heat Reflective Deck Coating Paint:
- Infra-Red Heat Reflective
- UV Resistant
- Light Chemical Resistant
- Alkali & Moisture Resistant
- Excellent Hide & Color Retention
- Passes ASTM D2047-82
- Resistant to Ponding Wate
- Fast Drying
- Water Based
- Easy Clean-Up
Life Deck Heat Reflective Paint (IRR) Vs. Standard Color Paint Coating Test
Life Deck Specialty Coatings Heat Reflective Paint Test Outcome:
This graph represents surface temperatures of the standard colors in an IRR life deck paint coating vs surface temperatures of the same colors in a non-IRR coating. The color in a non-IRR coating and the same color in the 28 series were applied to a cementitious substrate board and allowed to cure. Then, the board was place beneath an Infra-Red bulb for 2 hours. The surface temperature of the colors were measured at 0 min, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, and 2 hours. The graph represents the difference at the 2 hour mark.
How to Prep the Surface for Life Deck Specialty Coatings Decking Heat Reflective 100% Acrylic Paint:
- For maximum durability, the surface must be clean and free of dirt, oil, chalk, and other foreign matter. New concrete must age for a minimum of 30 days (4 inches thick). Cool temperatures and high humidity may require a longer cure time. Remove all grease, oil and wax with T.S.P solution. (One pound of T.S.P to 1 gallon of water.)
- Scrub with stiff broom until surface is thoroughly clean. Rinse thoroughly with clear water. Then etch all unpainted cement with 1 part 10% muriatic acid to 1 part water. Allow to stand 10-15 minutes and then rinse clean with water. After etching, neutralize acid with baking soda or soda ash then rinse thoroughly with water.
- A properly etched concrete surface should resemble the texture of medium sandpaper. Let dry thoroughly before applying coating.
Never use Life Deck Specialty Coatings Paint Over Mildew:
- Do not paint over mildew. Mildew is a fungus, brown black, grey or white in color and will rapidly grow through any coating applied over it. A solution of 50% household bleach and 50% water will kill the mildew. Rinse thoroughly. See precautions on bleach label for handling before using.
How to prime life deck specialty coatings”28 series” heat reflective paint:
- 28 Series may be used as it’s own primer. To use as a primer, add 1 pin of water to 1 gallon of 28 Series.
How to paint “28 series” life deck specialty coatings paint over a previously painted surface:
- Clean all surfaces thoroughly. Remove all peeling, loose or blistered paint by scraping and wire brushing. Remove all chlorinated rubber and hydrocarbon finishes by sandblasting. Clean all surfaces thoroughly with a T.S.P solution and then rinse thoroughly with water.
How to use life deck specialty coatings 28 series paint over a glossy surfaces:
- First, roughen gloss by sanding; then wash with a T.S.P. solution and rinse thoroughly.
Application process of life deck specialty coatings paint:
- Box and mix all containers to insure consistent color.
- Neatly cut-in all edges with a brush and roll the main area using a 1/2” nap, good quality roller cover.
- Be sure to spread evenly in a “V” pattern, rolling in both directions. It is best not to apply in the direct hot sun or above 90 degrees.
- To avoid streaking, thin slightly with water and apply two coats.
Life Deck Specialty Coatings Paint Temperature/Weather Considerations:
Do not install any Life Deck product if the temperature is below 55 degrees or in extreme heat. Rain may damage uncured Life Deck products. If inclement weather threatens, cover deck to protect new application. Do not allow any Life Deck specialty coatings product to FREEZE before application.
Maintenance for life deck specialty coatings painted decks:
Most stains will clean-up with T.S.P. . A brush, and water. We recommend a re-coat every 3-5 years, depending on traffic and weather exposure.
Life Deck Specialty Coatings Heat Reflective Paint Test Results:
Life Deck Specialty Coatings Paint Chart:
This graph represents infr-red reflectivity, ASTM C 1549. The life deck specialty coatings 28 Series “Cool Life” and a standard coating of the same color were applied evenly over a smooth substrate. Then, the infra-red reflectivity was measured with a Devices & Services Solar Spectrum Reflectometer machine. The machine measures Infra-Red Solar Reflectivity is the same testing Energy Star uses to measure roof coatings and their reflectivity. Why the focus on infra-red? Because it is those infra-red rays generated from the Sun that create heat.