Epoxies: Colored Quartz
Ceramic Colored Quartz Epoxy
Click Here for Life Deck Epoxy Colored Quartz Specifications
Description of Life Deck Specialty Coatings Epoxy Colored Quartz:
An epoxy floor coating system with ceramic coated colored quartz spread onto an epoxy clear base coat and sealed with a clear coat. Our ceramic colored quartz epoxies come in a variety of 16 colors. We have a double broadcast system using either vapor seal, 100% solids or high build water base epoxies with Polyurea, Polyaspartic, and Chemical Resistant Urethane (CRU) top coats that are UV Stable and will not yellow. Our colored quartz are premium quality and will not “bleed out” like epoxy colored quartz will.
Uses for Life Deck Epoxy Colored Quartz:
Life Deck Epoxy Colored Quartz is a decorative, durable and chemical resistant coating which makes it perfect for residential, commercial and industrial applications. The Colored Quartz Floor System is designed to be used on
- showroom floors
- restaurant floors
- garage floors
- recreation rooms
Advantages to Life Deck Epoxy:
- Chemical Resistant
- High Build
- Easy to Clean
- USDA Approved
- Wide Choice of Life Deck Paint Chip Colors
Inspection of colored quartz:
- Surface must be structurally sound, dry and free of oil, grease, curing, agents, dirt, dust or any other foreign material that may prevent proper adhesion.
- The concrete should be at least 2500 psi and feel like 30-grit sandpaper.
- The concrete should be porous and be able to absorb water. A minimum of 28 days cured is required on all freshly poured 4 inch thick concrete slabs.
Before Starting Any Epoxy Flooring Work Always:
- Test the existing concrete slab to make sure there is no efflorescence, high levels of alkalinity, and/or high levels of moisture present (greater than 4.5 lbs) in the slab. (If moisture is greater than 4.5 lbs. apply, LD12 Vapor Seal first.)
- Calcium chloride tests should be conducted to determine if the concrete is sufficiently dry for an epoxy flooring installation in accordance with the latest edition of ASTM F 1869, Standard Test Method for Measuring Vapor Emission Rate of Concrete Subfloor Using Anhydrous Calcium Chloride.
- Failing to adhere to these strict guidelines can result in product delamination, discoloration, blistering, or all together failure of the coating system. Testing is the responsibility of the applicator. Life Paint bears no responsibility for failures due to any of the above conditions.
Surface Preparation for life deck colored quartz epoxy:
- Prepare the surface by sanding, grinding, water blasting, sand blasting or shot blasting. Clean surface entirely with TSP and rinse completely with water several times.
- Remove mildew or algae using 50/50 blend of household beach and water, rinse thoroughly. Cracks should be filled with LD7200 Epoxy Paste according to the manufacturer’s instructions. All expansion joints should be honored and filled with LD7200 Epoxy Paste or Gel.
Application of Life Deck colored quartz epoxy coating:
- Apply 25-96 clear epoxy at the rate of 300 sq. ft. per gallon. (Be sure to read the Product Data Sheet for application procedures.) Immediately following, broadcast colored quartz to refusal, 1 pound per 2 square feet, into the wet coat of 25-96. (Wear spiked shoes to walk around the floor.)
- Allow this application to cure a minimum of 4 hours (depending on temperature & humidity) before starting the next appliction. Once dry, sweep off loose quartz (with clean broom so that quartz may be used again.) Apply second coat of 25-96 at a rate of 200 square feet per gallon.
- Immediately following, broadcast colored quartz to refusal, 1 pound per 2 square feet, into the wet coat of 25-96. (Wear spiked shoes to walk around the floor.) Allow to dry minimum 16 hours. Once dry, sweep off loose quartz (with clean broom so that quartz may be used again.)
Application Top Coat for interior epoxy application:
Waterbased Epoxy: Apply 25-96 at a rate of 200-250 square feet per gallon.
Apply 2 coats 100% SOLIDS (SOLVENT) based epoxy: LD 3100 Epoxy at approximately 200-250 sq. ft. per gallon. 2 coats.
Application Top Coat for exterior epoxy application:
- (UV Resistant Coatings) Waterbased epoxy– Apply 2010 at a rate of 200-250 square feet per gallon. Apply 2 coats.
- Solvent based epoxy- Apply LD 2003 CRU (Chemical Resistant Urethane) at approximately 200-250 sq. ft. per gallon. Apply 2 coats.
- Solvent based epoxy- Apply LD 2009 Polyurea at a rate of 200-250 square feet per gallon. Apply 2 coats.Be sure to read individual product info sheets.
How to Protect your finished epoxy work:
- Prohibit traffic on floor for 48 hours after installation. Avoid heavy abrasion and chemical exposure for 5 days.
Limitations for Life Deck Epoxy Floors
- Do not apply in temperatures below 50o F or temperatures above 95o F.
- For interior use only unless protected by a UV resistant coating.
- Heavier top coat may become slippery.
Clean Up for Epoxy flooring:
Uncured material can be removed with a solvent. Cured material can only be removed mechanically.
Epoxy Flooring Maintenance:
Floor should be cleaned with water or a mild, non-filming detergent. For difficult stains, paint thinner may be used without harming the finish. A slip coefficient type wax may be applied periodically to make floor less slippery.
Warranty for Life Deck:
Manufacturer shall guarantee that the materials are free from defects and comply with the published specifications. Applicator shall warranty against faulty workmanship for a period to be named on the contract or proposal for the project.
KEEP CONTAINER CLOSED WHEN NOT IN USE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. NOT FOR INTERNAL CONSUMPTION. FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY BY A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN. Consult the Material Safety Data Sheet for further health and safety information.